**Due to COVID-19, courses will be offered online. Each of our courses will be split over 2 half days. We will be using Zoom and will send participants the materials needed to participate online approximately 1 week before the relevant course. Those participants who do not use Zoom within their agency may need to use their own devices.**
This is a full day course conducted at OPC's offices and presented by experienced drafters. Course materials are provided.
This course covers the essential requirements for drafting simple non-legislative instruments such as appointments, authorisations and delegations, as well as simple legislative and notifiable instruments. It is hands-on, with opportunities for participants to draft their own instruments.
The course costs $900 per individual (GST not applicable). Morning and afternoon tea is provided.
The course covers the following topics:
- Legal Services Directions
- Different types of instruments
- Main Acts of general application
- Appointments, delegations and authorisations
- Technical drafting issues, such as naming conventions and amending forms
- Parliamentary committees with an interest in legislative instruments
- Services and assistance that OPC can provide
At the end of the course, participants will be skilled in drafting:
- simple one page non-legislative instruments (for example, instruments of delegation and appointment)
- basic principal legislative and notifiable instruments
- basic amending legislative and notifiable instruments
Completion of the Legislation Process Course and Legislative Design Course. Please note that only staff of Australian Government agencies are eligible to attend these courses.
As places are limited, priority will be given to APS employees who are likely to be instructing OPC in the near future.
For further information on this course, please email courses [at] opc.gov.au.
Course payment, cancellation and refund policy
Please see the Course payment, cancellation and refund policy page.
Upcoming course dates
|1||Monday 9 & Tuesday 10 May (Morning)||Fully Booked|
If the above courses are all fully booked, please join our waiting list to be notified when further course dates become available.