This is a full day course conducted at OPC's offices and presented by experienced drafters. Course materials are provided.
This course covers the essential requirements for drafting simple non-legislative instruments such as appointments, authorisations and delegations, as well as simple legislative and notifiable instruments. It is hands-on, with opportunities for participants to draft their own instruments.
The course costs $900 per individual (GST not applicable). Morning and afternoon tea is provided.
The course covers the following topics:
- Legal Services Directions
- Different types of instruments
- Main Acts of general application
- Appointments, delegations and authorisations
- Technical drafting issues, such as naming conventions and amending forms
- Parliamentary committees with an interest in legislative instruments
- Services and assistance that OPC can provide
At the end of the course, participants will be skilled in drafting:
- simple one page non-legislative instruments (for example, instruments of delegation and appointment)
- basic principal legislative and notifiable instruments
- basic amending legislative and notifiable instruments
Completion of the Legislation Process Course and Legislative Design Course.
As places are limited, priority will be given to APS employees who are likely to be instructing OPC in the near future.
Course payment, cancellation and refund policy
Please see the Course payment, cancellation and refund policy page.
Upcoming course dates
|1||Wednesday 14 July 2021||Open|
If the above courses are all fully booked, please join our waiting list to be notified when further course dates become available.