This is a full day course conducted at OPC's offices. Course materials are provided.
This course covers the essential requirements for drafting simple non-legislative instruments such as appointments, authorisations and delegations, as well as simple legislative and notifiable instruments. It is hands-on, with opportunities for participants to draft their own instruments.
The course costs $900 per individual (GST not applicable).
The course covers the following topics:
- Legal Services Directions 2017
- Different types of instruments
- Main Acts of general application
- Appointments, delegations and authorisations
- Technical drafting issues, such as naming conventions and amending forms
- Parliamentary committees with an interest in legislative instruments
- Services and assistance that OPC can provide
At the end of the course, participants will be skilled in drafting:
- simple one page non-legislative instruments (for example, instruments of delegation and appointment)
- basic principal legislative and notifiable instruments
- basic amending legislative and notifiable instruments
Completion of OPC’s Legislation Process Course and Advanced Legislation Process course.
Upcoming course dates
|271||Wednesday 25 July 2018 8.45am-4.30pm||Places available|
|275||Wednesday 12 December 2018 8.45am-4.30pm||Places available|
|281||Monday 29 April 2019 8.45am-4.30pm||Places available|
If the above courses are all fully booked, please join our waiting list to be notified when further course dates become available.