*** Due to the COVID-19, courses will be offered online in the coming financial year. Each of our courses will be split over 2 half days. We will use Zoom to run the courses and send participants the materials needed to participate online approximately 2 weeks before the relevant course. Those participants who do not use Zoom within their agency may need to use their own computer to participate. ***
This is a full day course conducted at OPC's offices. Course materials are provided.
This course covers the essential requirements for drafting simple non-legislative instruments such as appointments, authorisations and delegations, as well as simple legislative and notifiable instruments. It is hands-on, with opportunities for participants to draft their own instruments.
The course costs $900 per individual (GST not applicable).
The course covers the following topics:
- Legal Services Directions
- Different types of instruments
- Main Acts of general application
- Appointments, delegations and authorisations
- Technical drafting issues, such as naming conventions and amending forms
- Parliamentary committees with an interest in legislative instruments
- Services and assistance that OPC can provide
At the end of the course, participants will be skilled in drafting:
- simple one page non-legislative instruments (for example, instruments of delegation and appointment)
- basic principal legislative and notifiable instruments
- basic amending legislative and notifiable instruments
Completion of OPC’s Legislation Process Course and Legislative Design Course.
Course payment, cancellation and refund policy
Please see the Course payment, cancellation and refund policy page.
Upcoming course dates
|1||14 and 15 September 2020 (Afternoon)||Open|
If the above courses are all fully booked, please join our waiting list to be notified when further course dates become available.