This is a full day course conducted at OPC's offices and presented by experienced drafters. Course materials are provided.
This course covers the essential requirements for drafting more complex legislative instruments. It builds on the Drafting Simple Instruments course and is designed to equip agencies who choose to draft legislative instruments in-house with the necessary skills to ensure the instruments are effective, valid and clear. It is hands-on, with opportunities for participants to draft their own instruments.
The course costs $900 per individual (GST not applicable). Morning and afternoon tea is provided.
The course covers the following topics:
- Acts of general application
- Essential aspects of effective legal rules
- Statutory interpretation for drafters
- Working with your legislation
- Services and assistance that OPC can provide
Completion of the following courses:
- Legislation Process Course
- Legislative Design Course
- Drafting Simple Instruments Course 1
As places are limited, priority will be given to APS employees who are likely to be instructing OPC in the near future.
Course payment, cancellation and refund policy
Please see the Course payment, cancellation and refund policy page.
Upcoming course dates
If the above courses are all fully booked, please join our waiting list to be notified when further course dates become available.